Thursday, March 15, 2018

NPT Youth Interviews: Jimi Wright

What is your name and how old are you?

James Wright, and I'm a 17 year old from Milford, .


What roles have you had?
Troy Bolton, Nick Piazza, The Scarecrow, Prince Charming, The Ugly Duckling, Sebastian, Orphan/Thief in Oliver, and Native in Peter Pan.

Of all the roles you have played in the past, which is your favorite?
Playing the Ugly Duckling was my favorite because I was able to play a role that was relatable to my own life experiences.  It was also really something when I looked out in the audience and saw a bunch of people crying after I sang “Different”.

What was your first role? How old were you, and why did you do it?
    I was 12 when I played Prince Charming in Into the Wood Jr. at East Shore.  I joined the Drama Club because in my elementary school it was a place to find people who were more accepting and friendly towards me.
What character was the toughest for you and why was it challenging?
Troy Bolton from High School Musical was a really hard character to play.  It was a stretch to try to match his nature and make him my own at the same time.  Also, have you heard him sing? [He's a bit high]

Who is your favorite Actor and what would you do if you met them?
    My favorite actor is Harrison Ford.  I’ve been a diehard Star Wars nerd my entire life, from movies to novels to comic books.  Naturally I’d adore the actor of Han Solo, but Harrison Ford has done so much more. Indiana Jones, Air Force One, Ender’s Game, the list goes on and on.  He’s really an awesome guy. If I met him, I would probably ask him why he was in Milford.



Is there any show that you are currently apart of?
    It’s called Jimi’s Jamboree.  It takes place in front of a live high school audience between the hours of 7am and 4pm Eastern Standard Time, Mondays through Fridays.  Tune in to Foran High School and study my constant efforts to make the mundane somewhat entertaining.

1 comment:

  1. hey Jimi its kelsey cugini from foran high school we used to be in the high school musical play I just want to say how proud i am of you for how much you have grown and how much effort you put in being in the plays we've had at foran high you are such an amazing dancer, singer and actor and best friend, i just wanted to say that im graduating soon an im happy and sad that im leaving foran because i love this school so much and all of the support ive been getting from my teachers and friends and obviously all of the support you give me. and the last play we had at foran was called the Spelling bee I don't know if you heard of that but mia nitolly and chanel darden was in that play and it was awesome mia used to be in the high school musical play with you and me. I just wanted to say thank you soo much for being my best friend and i had an amazing time getting to know you, and just dont let anyone tell you who to be just keep being your truly amazing talented kind sweet self. i really miss you.
    Thank you, kelsey cugini

    ReplyDelete