Sunday, April 7, 2013

Have you ever grown anything in the garden of your mind?

Over the past few weeks, I have been attending the MAC (Musical Arts Confrence) Competitons for high school percussion groups around Connecticut. The schools take their winter percussion groups to these competitions to perform in different catagories based on size and difficulty.
Recently, I have had the amazing oppertunity to join in and be a dancer in my high school's (Norwalk High School) winter percussion show and have been competing in the competitions for four weeks now. I play the role of a girl who grows ideas in the "garden of her mind." While the drummers are playing and moving around on the floor, I get to dance around and through them to portray the idea that I have created them. I absolutely LOVE being in the show and getting an inside look to how percussion groups rather than a cast of a musical or a dance team work together.
On April 13th, we are having the MAC Championships at Shelton High School, and a week later, on April 17th we are traveling to Dayton, Ohio for WGI finals. I am beyond excited! Come out and support next week at Shelton High!

Shelby Vetare, age 17, Norwalk High School.

Pictured (Left to right): Shelby Vetare (me), Taijon Ragin, Danny Porelli, Avery Collins, and Tommy Eckert.

No comments:

Post a Comment