Sunday, June 18, 2017

Keep The Stage Lights Bright Every Night

Keep The Stage Lights Bright Every Night

 Image result for in the heights
Hi everyone! This past April and May I was performing in my favorite show, In The Heights at the Downtown Cabaret Theatre! It was an amazing experience that I had never had before. I worked only with adults, there was a full band, and the run was four weekends long with shows every Thursday, Friday, two on Saturday, and then one Sunday. I had never performed a show for longer than two weekends, so keeping the show fresh for twenty shows was new for me. During the run I can up with some tips and tricks to help make every night feel like opening night!
  1. React to everything every night like it is the first time you're hearing it. Even though you've practiced it over and over and performed it over and over, live in the moment and enjoy every second, because it's over before you know it.
  2. Keep those dance movements sharp and precise! You'll feel like you really worked hard to do even some simpler moves, but to the audience it will always look clean and fun!
  3. Sing out! Always give it your all. Like the dance movements and keeping them sharp, singing out and giving 110% makes a gratifying show.
  4. Lastly, just have fun. Like I said before, enjoying every second is important. Live it up on that stage and the audience will live it up with you!

In The Heights was my dream show, and it has truly been a performance that has made me grow as a performer. May you all have a blast and live in the moment, whether it's on stage or just living life!

photo by Kevin McNair

- Jaden Bonfietti
Incoming sophomore at Foran High School
Member of the NPT Youth Board

No comments:

Post a Comment