Monday, July 3, 2017

A Step Into The Land Of Lola: My Kinky Boots Experience


A Step Into The Land Of Lola: My Kinky Boots Experience


 Image result for kinky boots
     Hello everyone! Just a few weekends ago, I had the absolute pleasure of seeing Kinky Boots on broadway- a show about a man, Charlie Price, trying to save his father’s shoe company, with a little unexpected help from Lola, a drag queen who changes Charlie’s life for the better, while spreading hope and pride to everyone she meets. went into the show completely unsure of what to expect; all I knew was that Brendon Urie, front man of Panic! At The Disco, was playing Charlie Price. I was expecting to enjoy the performance, but little did I know that it would actually become one of my absolute favorite shows!
     Everything about this show was phenomenal. The costumes, the fun and uplifting music, the amazing drag, and especially the dancing. My personal favorite bit of dancing in the show was during the song “Everybody Say Yeah”- the cast did flips and insane dancing on treadmills!
      The show overall left me absolutely speechless. There was not one moment in the show that was slow- throughout the entire performance I was completely sucked into the story. And to top off the phenomenal experience, Brendon Urie was fantastic, especially considering it was his first experience acting ever!
       If you're looking to see a broadway show this summer, this show will not disappoint!
Brendon Urie in Kinky Boots on Broadway

-Sydney Maher
Junior at Foran High School
Member of the NPT Youth Board


No comments:

Post a Comment