Sunday, July 30, 2017

CT High School Musical Theatre Awards

CT High School Musical Theatre Awards
 



















For the past 9 years the Palace Theatre has hosted the CT High School Musical Theatre Awards. The awards show is in a similar style to the Tony Awards and honors high school students and adult contributors who participate in school musicals. This year the Awards featured 15 high schools total with 13 in Connecticut and 2 in Rhode Island. The show has a variety of categories including best hair/makeup design, best choreography, and best chorus. The most competitive and prestigious categories are Best Leading Actor/Actress and Best Overall Show. The actor and actress winners get to go to a Broadway Workshop in New York City with other winners from other states. I was lucky enough to be nominated this year for best leading actress for my role as Gertrude McFuzz in Seussical with Notre Dame High School. As a result, I was able to perform a solo amongst the many other unbelievably talented nominees. The entire event was an amazing thing to be apart of with incredible performances and great presenters. My favorite part was actually following the show when I was able to see my adjudication form and review the judges criticisms so I could work on different aspects of my performance. Overall, I believe the CHSMTAs are an experience all CT High School theatre students should have its a great example of the amazing artistic community we have in Connecticut.

- Sarah Kulaga
Senior at Lauralton Hall
Youth Board President

No comments:

Post a Comment