Monday, January 7, 2013

Broadway Review: Bring It On

Broadway Review: Bring It On

On Sunday, December 30th, I took a trip with some family to the heart of New York City to see what I saw  as one of the greatest modern musicals ever made. Bring It On, a rather new musical tells the tale of a high school cheerleading squad and how their captain is forced to transfer schools and compete against her own team. when asked about her experience at the show, a fellow audience member Alyssa Weisberger, 16, said "I thought it was put together very well and the skill involved with the show was outstanding. As a fellow cheerleader, I loved it!!" My personal favorite was the part in which a rather small girl was projected into the air about 50 feet above our heads and was caught by two young men who simply eased her to the floor into a roll. The precision and accuracy in this show was absolutely astonishing. Considering me being in my teenage years, I believe the aspect of the show that really jumped out at me was how upbeat and exciting the energy coming from the cast was. There was also the concert-like aspect from all the bright stage lights being shown out into the audience. The show has obviously proven itself Broadway material as it takes its tour around the globe as of January 3rd and will be returning to Broadway stages this coming August. Don't miss it!!
-Kevin Durkee, 15, Amity High School



No comments:

Post a Comment