Monday, January 14, 2013

Broadway Review: Evita

The truth is she never left you. The Broadway revival of one of Andrew Llyod Webber's memorable musicals returned to Broadway in 2012. On January 26th, it will close it's doors. I can recall hearing an audience member behind me claim that this show was one of Broadway's best shows. I would have to agree. Audience member Natalie said, "I wasn't a huge Evita fan, but now I can't get the music out of my head. They did a fantastic job with the show." Evita closes at the end of January, so if you can catch it, do it. It is a masterpiece: from the realistic sets to the spot on choreography to the amazing cast, I am shocked it didn't win Best Revival at the Tony Awards. The cast is led by: Elena Roger as Eva Peron, Ricky Martin as Che and Michael Cerveris as Juan Peron.

~Nathan Clift, 15 years old, Trumbull High School

 


Evita Review (couldnt post video directly for some reason...)

No comments:

Post a Comment